Monday, December 7, 2009

Decorating with hues of Blue and Beige

My living room palette is inspired by different hues of blue and beige.  I call this palette "Intuition".


Beige, the color of the earth reflects growth and creates an atmosphere of warmth and coziness.  Shades of dark and brighter blues complement the beige tones and inspire intuition, sincerity, peace, joy and tranquility, faith in oneself and trust in others.


I fell in love with a beige sectional sofa from Bob Mitchell William Gold and felt that this offered enough versatility and style suited for condo living. I chose silk dupioni window panels in blue sage from West Elm to decorate my windows and made my own rice paper window shades instead of traditional blinds or shear panels. 

My media/TV console and corner book shelf  were purchased from Crate and Barrel.  My wall art which will hang on the wall just behind the sofa is from my own Divine Living and Home collection, called European Style.  These images, original color prints converted to black and white and digitally enhanced, capture the essence of what Roma, Italy is known for:  fashion, tradition and culture.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment