Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Incorporating the Color of the Year, Turquoise in your Home!




Pantone has declared Turquoise as the color of 2010.  According to Pantone, "turquoise transports us to an exciting, tropical paradise while offering a sense of protection and healing in stressful times".

I love turquoise and I started thinking, how can I bring this color into my home in an economical way without needing a major revamp or home makeover?

Then I remembered that I had collected the bottles from Pier 1 and West Elm home fragrance reed diffusers once the liquid fragrance was over.  I did not know what to do with these until now!

I decided to paint these bottles with glass paint in turquoise and blue!  It was simple, easy, economical and I recycled!

I bought Pebeo Vitrea 160 Turquoise and Pebeo Setacolor Opaque in Shimmer Electric Blue glass paint from Lee's Art Shop in Manhattan.  You can also purchase Pebeo Vitrea 160 Turquoise from Cheap Joe's Art Stuff for $3.89!  Other places to check out are:  Blick Art Materials, Michaels and your local art store.

You can use any soft bristle brush and just start painting.  You can add texture by layering more paint, using brush strokes or even try a sponge.  Experiment and see what happens.  Leave the painted bottles to dry for a few hours or overnight and you are done!  Now you have Turquoise, color of the year, in your home!

Happy painting!



No comments:

Post a Comment